Last year, I threw a Spring themed party for the kiddies together with my dear friend Eda of Plaited Heart. I was in charge of styling & decor and Eda made all the delicious and mostly healthy party food. I will soon write up another post dedicated to the party that will showcase the delightful talents of Eda!
Being a Spring theme, I wanted the children to take home something to do with flowers. Then it hit me, what better gift than for the children to plant their own seeds!
Here’s the how to. I used:
* Flower Seeds
* Potting Mix
* Tea Light Candle Votives (I found them in packs of 6 at a discount store)
* Small glass capsules (to store the seeds) – I found these at a discount store, most craft stores also stock them.
* Twine (to wrap around the votive as decoration)
* Small fake flowers
* Craft paper to make the name tags
* Thread to tie the name tags to the votives
I was lucky to find tiny shovels, forks and buckets at the hardware store to decorate and I think, complete the look 🙂
The children loved them and as many of them were under 5 years of age, it was a fantastic way to teach them how plants grow and learn about Spring 🙂